Feature Requests

Mar 15, 2008 at 4:10 AM
Edited Mar 15, 2008 at 4:16 AM
Thought I would start this thread now since this project has alot of potential and I hope gets alot of attention. I hope to contibute as soon as I get more familiar with SharePoint development since I have some experience in Cmdlet development.

Wish List:

1. Get-SPListItem
Details: Command to download files from a list in SharePoint. Should be able to accept some kind of query parameters for specifying what files you want. For example: I want all the files in the library where the column "FileType" is "Document" and column "Owner" is "Bob Smith".

2. New-SPListItem
Details: Command to upload a new file to a list in SharePoint. The tricky part will be filling in the MetaData for these files.

3. Remove-SPListItem
Details: Command to remove a file from a list in SharePoint.

4. Get-SPInternalFieldNames
Details: Command to grab the internal field names and display names for a particular List or Library. This would be nice when trying to use New-SPListItem.

5. New-SPListColumn
Details: Command to create a new column in SharePoint for a particular list.

This is a start. Will post more as I think of them.

Shane
Mar 15, 2008 at 4:26 AM
Edit: Just realized that if we grab a list of all the files from a List in SharePoint, we could use Where-Object {$.FileType -eq "Document" -and $.Owner -eq "Bob"}
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2008 at 2:57 PM
Yes I think this project has a lot of potential. First off I am going to clean up and finish the Get, Remove and New-Web cmdlets. I have next up the corresponding Site and Feature. Lists are interseting - New, Remove, Get but you are correct we need to have a solid way to deal with the custom metadata required.

spowser wrote:
Thought I would start this thread now since this project has alot of potential and I hope gets alot of attention. I hope to contibute as soon as I get more familiar with SharePoint development since I have some experience in Cmdlet development.

Wish List:

1. Get-SPListItem
Details: Command to download files from a list in SharePoint. Should be able to accept some kind of query parameters for specifying what files you want. For example: I want all the files in the library where the column "FileType" is "Document" and column "Owner" is "Bob Smith".

2. New-SPListItem
Details: Command to upload a new file to a list in SharePoint. The tricky part will be filling in the MetaData for these files.

3. Remove-SPListItem
Details: Command to remove a file from a list in SharePoint.

4. Get-SPInternalFieldNames
Details: Command to grab the internal field names and display names for a particular List or Library. This would be nice when trying to use New-SPListItem.

5. New-SPListColumn
Details: Command to create a new column in SharePoint for a particular list.

This is a start. Will post more as I think of them.

Shane

Apr 29, 2008 at 1:03 AM
Might I suggest that you prefix all nouns in your cmdlets with SP; so use Get-SPWeb instead of Get-Web. The latter is too generic and is prone to name collisions. If you do not intend to return a native microsoft.sharepoint.spweb object, consider using SPE as a prefix instead (sharepoint extensions).

- Oisin